Legal Notice: Payment Mismanagement and Accounting Errors by Aparna Constructions

SandeepChadda

New member
Loss Amount
175016
Ratings
1.00 star(s)

​


From:
Sandeep Chadda

Flat No. D‑808, Aparna Zenon – Phase 1
Hyderabad

To:
Aparna Constructions & Estates Pvt. Ltd.

Hyderabad

Date: 1/20/2026


Subject: Legal Notice Regarding Financial Errors, Negligence, and Unfair Demands in the Processing of My Payments for Flat D‑808, Aparna Zenon (Phase 1)​

To the Management of Aparna Constructions,

My name is Sandeep Chadda, the owner of Flat D‑808 in Aparna Zenon Phase 1. I am issuing this legal notice myself because of the serious lapses, errors, and prolonged negligence I have experienced from your accounts and sales teams since January 2023.

I am not a lawyer, but as a homebuyer affected by these issues, I have every right to demand accountability and resolution. This notice may be placed before the Consumer Court if the matter is not resolved promptly.


1. Background​

  • I opted for 100% upfront payment to avail the 10% discount offered by Aparna.
  • To make this payment, I sold one of my properties and broke fixed deposits.
  • On 13 January 2023, I handed over four cheques to your team.
  • What followed was months of silence, mistakes, conflicting cost sheets, and repeated follow-ups from my side.

2. Issues I Faced (In Simple, Clear Language)​

A. No acknowledgement for months​

Despite multiple emails and calls in January, February, and March, I received no confirmation that my payments were processed. This left me anxious and unsure about my financial standing.

B. Constant change in staff with no handover​

I was forced to deal with five account representatives within months:
Madharao → Vijaya → Suraj → Sai → Sridhar
Every time, I had to repeat the entire story. There was no continuity or proper communication on your end.

C. Internal email ID changes caused communication breakdown​

I discovered much later that one of your key employees’ email IDs changed internally, which is why he wasn’t receiving my messages. I was never informed about this.

D. Repeated errors and contradictory cost sheets​

Your accounts department repeatedly sent me wrong cost sheets. These sheets kept changing and demanded:

  • ₹2,39,215
  • ₹1,99,467
  • ₹37,000
  • ₹1,16,351
Not once, but multiple times, I had to point out errors. I even prepared my own cost sheet to help your team reconcile. This is not something a customer should be forced to do.

E. Unprofessional and insensitive comments​

Instead of fixing the issues, I was told:

  • “Why did you submit cheques?”
  • “You should show more patience.”
  • “We are not a services company; we do not send reminders.”
I find this behaviour extremely disappointing.

F. Excessive follow-ups​

Between January and June, I followed up 30–40 times just to understand what was happening with my own money.


3. Serious New Issue (19 January): TDS Accounting Error​

On 19 January, I was told that:

  • Aparna had been incorrectly showing ₹58,665 TDS as already paid in the cost sheets.
  • This was a long-standing accounting error on your side.
  • I am now being asked to pay this amount suddenly before handover.
This is extremely unfair. For over a year, Aparna’s official documents showed this TDS amount as already paid. I cannot be held liable for an internal mistake.


4. Compensation for Financial Loss Already Incurred​

Due to repeated accounting errors and mismanagement, I was earlier forced to pay ₹1,16,351, which arose directly from your incorrect calculations and the delay caused by multiple internal lapses.

I want to be very clear:
This amount was paid only because your cost sheets kept changing due to your team’s errors.

Therefore, I am formally requesting that Aparna:

Reimburse the amount of ₹1,16,351​

as this financial burden resulted exclusively from your negligence and not from any delay or mistake on my part.

This statement uses firmer language, as is appropriate in a legal notice, while still being written in my own voice.


5. What I Expect From Aparna Immediately​

I request the following resolutions:

  1. Withdraw the wrongful TDS demand of ₹58,665, as it was Aparna’s internal accounting error.
  2. Reimburse ₹1,16,351, which I paid earlier due to repeated financial miscalculations by your team.
  3. Provide a final, accurate, error-free cost sheet reflecting correct charges.
  4. Confirm in writing that I will not be penalized or charged interest for delays caused solely by Aparna’s internal failures.
  5. A detailed written explanation of what went wrong and how Aparna plans to prevent such lapses.

6. Notice Period​

Please respond to this notice within 15 days from the date of receipt.

If no satisfactory response is received within this period, I will proceed to file a formal case in the Consumer Court, seeking:

  • Withdrawal of the incorrect TDS demand
  • Refund of the earlier ₹1,16,351 paid due to your mistakes
  • Compensation for mental harassment and inconvenience
  • Recovery of legal and litigation costs
  • Any additional relief the Court may grant under the Consumer Protection Act
I am still hoping this can be resolved without legal escalation. The email communications will be served as evidence in this case.


Sincerely,
Sandeep Chadda

Flat D‑808
Aparna Zenon – Phase 1
Hyderabad
 
Back
Top