Complaint Against FirstCry Regarding Faulty Product and Lack of Support

Seller Name
Firstcry
Company Name
Firstcry
Product Name
R for Rabbit Jack and Jill Grand Innovative Baby Car Seat
Website Name
https://www.firstcry.com/
Loss Amount
5630
Ratings
1.00 star(s)
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to formally raise a complaint against FirstCry for delivering a faulty product and failing to provide appropriate assistance, despite repeated follow-ups and escalation.

Details of the Purchase:
  • Product: R for Rabbit Jack and Jill Baby Car Seat
  • Order Date: 2nd June 2026
  • Order Number: 31897824PZV362D5D1
  • Delivery Date: 5th June 2026
  • FirstCry Registered Account No - 8939347471
Issue Description:
Immediately after delivery, I observed that the product was faulty, posing a potential risk to baby safety. Realizing this a few days after receiving the product, I raised a replacement request with FirstCry on 10th June 2026. However, FirstCry rejected my replacement request, citing the absence of the product carton as the reason.

As a consumer, I trusted FirstCry to deliver a high-quality, safe product, especially for something as crucial as baby safety equipment. Unfortunately, the product I received was defective, and the company has refused to provide any resolution to mitigate the situation.

Efforts Made to Resolve the Issue:

  1. Complaint Raised with FirstCry Team: I raised the issue with FirstCry’s customer care team on 10th June 2026 and have repeatedly followed up with them since then, but no satisfactory resolution has been provided.
  2. Evidence Provided: To substantiate my claim, I shared photos and videos of the defective product with their team, as well as detailed explanations during calls (approximately 3-4 times).
  3. Request for Support: I offered two potential solutions:
    a. Replace or accept a return of the faulty product.
    b. Send a technician to my home to inspect and fix the product, as this is a baby safety product.
    Unfortunately, both requests were denied by FirstCry.
Response from FirstCry:

  • FirstCry denied assistance for a replacement or return solely because I no longer had the carton of the product. While I understand that keeping packaging may be a standard policy, as a customer, I did not anticipate receiving a defective item needing return.
  • They also refused to dispatch a technician, citing that they do not serve my location (Baner, Pune).
Given the nature of the product, I am extremely concerned about the safety risks involved and feel let down by FirstCry’s complete lack of accountability or resolution.

My Request:
I respectfully request that the Consumer Forum intervenes to address this concern and direct FirstCry to resolve the issue.

I therefore seek:
Immediate replacement of the defective car seat with a new, fully functional unit, or a full refund of the purchase amount.
Compensation for the inconvenience, time, and effort spent pursuing resolution.
Appropriate action against the seller for unfair trade practices and failure to address a legitimate product safety concern.

I believe consumers should not be forced to choose between their child's safety and a packaging requirement, particularly when a product has been acknowledged as defective by the seller themselves. It is unreasonable for a consumer to have to accept a defective product, especially one intended for the safety of a baby. I urge the Consumer Forum to take action to ensure FirstCry fulfills its responsibility.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260618_125835_FirstCry.jpg
    Screenshot_20260618_125835_FirstCry.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20260618_125723_FirstCry.jpg
    Screenshot_20260618_125723_FirstCry.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20260618_125243_FirstCry.jpg
    Screenshot_20260618_125243_FirstCry.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20260618_130048_FirstCry.jpg
    Screenshot_20260618_130048_FirstCry.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1780417577 - 5629.99 To First Cry on Google Pay.png
    1780417577 - 5629.99 To First Cry on Google Pay.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 1
Hello @Ashwarya Pratap Singh

As per your submission, you purchased an R for Rabbit Jack and Jill Baby Car Seat from FirstCry on June 2, 2026, delivered on June 5, 2026. A few days after delivery, you noticed the product was faulty and posed a potential safety risk to your baby. You raised a replacement request on June 10, 2026, which was rejected solely on the grounds that you no longer had the original product carton. Despite sharing photos, videos, and detailed explanations over 3–4 calls, FirstCry refused both a replacement/return and a technician visit, citing your location in Baner, Pune as unserviceable.

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint along with the photos and videos of the defective product and all communication records you have shared.

We suggest you follow the steps below to resolve this matter:

Step 1 – Email Customer Care
Please send a detailed email to FirstCry's customer care at:
ccare@firstcry.com
Mention your Order No. 31897824PZV362D5D1, describe the defect clearly, and attach all photos and videos as evidence. Request an immediate replacement or full refund.

Step 2 – Escalate to Nodal Officer / Grievance Officer
If customer care does not resolve your complaint within 7 days, escalate the matter to the Grievance Officer at:
legal@firstcry.com
(Brainbees Solutions Limited, Rajashree Business Park, Plot No. 114, Tadiwala Road, Pune – 411001 | Phone: +91-8482989157)

Step 3 – Send Physical Legal Notice (if emails remain unresolved)
If both the above steps fail to yield a response, you may send a formal Legal Notice by registered post to:

CEO / Nodal Officer
Brainbees Solutions Limited (FirstCry)
Rajashree Business Park, Plot No. 114, Survey No. 338, Tadiwala Road, Near Sohrab Hall, Pune, Maharashtra – 411001

Step 4 – File a Case at e-jagriti.gov.in
If no resolution is received after the above steps, please register and file a formal consumer case at e-jagriti.gov.in with all supporting documents.

If you need any help drafting the emails, legal notice, or uploading documents on the portal, we are here to assist you.

Thanks
 
Back
Top